Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Our phone can call out however when the other end answers…

Our phone can call...

Our phone can call out however when the other end answers they can't hear us. This does NOT happen when answering it.

Technician's Assistant: When did this sound problem start with your system?

Just 2 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Does it happen on all the handsets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

2/24/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.
2) Does this happen for ALL OUTGOING CALLS?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the main system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

1.C56829-2
2. Yes
3. Comcast
4. Thye others noy related to this are fine
4 should read the others not related are fineNo I do not want a call.

Hi again,

I'm not sure what you mean by "the others not related are just fine.".

Can you tell me what OTHER phones are attached to the phone line?

That is, are they corded phones, different brand phones, etc.?

corded phones - not Vtech. The 2 Vtech are the only ones like this.

OK - if the other corded phones work, then this is most likely related to the MAIN BASE of the Vtech phone system.

What I would recommend as a FIRST STEP is to RESET the Vtech system - and then try again. I have the reset process I use for cordless systems below.

Cordless system "reset" procedure. This is done by following the steps below.
============================
1) Remove the batteries from ALL handsets in the system.
2) Remove the phone cord from the main base unit AND the phone jack in the wall.
3) Remove the AC power adapter plug from the main base unit AND remove the AC adapter from the power outlet.
4) WAIT 15 minutes. This allows any "stuck" conditions in the components to clear.
5) Reconnect the batteries in all handsets.
6) Reconnect the phone cord between the main base and the phone jack in the wall.
7) Reconnect the AC power adapter plug in the main base unit and then plug the AC adapter into the wall power outlet.
8) Place a handset in the Main Base unit and Wait 60 seconds for the Base and Handset to sync-up (reconnect).
9) Test each handset for proper function.
10) Test each function of the main base unit (answering system, caller id, etc.).
============================

Please give these things a try and let me know what you find.

Thanks

Thank you. I will give this a try.

You're quiet welcome.

I will look for your results - in a little while.

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer