Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My phone says out of range, & NO power at base. Whats wrong?

My phone says out...

My phone says out of range, & NO power at base. Whats wrong? it is a 2 phone set up and they both say the same thing.

Technician's Assistant: Do all the handsets for your system show the same message?

Yes it is two handsets.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a full system reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through the various steps.

No I need help.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No I have had this set for awhile could it just be the batteries?

2/21/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.
2) When was this issue first noticed?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

URC20688C2-R

Hi again,
I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. It will be AT LEAST 5 minutes before I can reach a phone.
We can also continue here in this chat/text form.
IF that will work for you, please try to find another model for the system, as I do NOT recognize the model just sent.
Thanks

DS6521/DS6521-2

OK - if that is a Vtech DS6521 system, please find the AC Power Adapter that is connected to the MAIN BASE, and DISCONNECT that adapter from the AC outlet it is connected to - and leave it disconnected for about TWO MINUTES.

Also, remove the HANDSET from the BASE during this disconnect time.

After the TWO MINUTES, reconnect the AC adapter to its outlet and WATCH the MAIN BASE - to see if ANY lights on the base flash or light up - even if just for a second or two.

Then place the handset back in the base and let me know if the "out of range" message goes away.

Thanks

unplugging it and plugging it back in worked. Thank You.

You are quite welcome.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this phone system.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer