Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a two cordless system model CS6719-2. I am unable to…

I have a two...

I have a two cordless system model CS6719-2. I am unable to receive a dial tone on either phone. The phone displays "NO LINE" when on or off the stand.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your phone?

The phones are always on their stands.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

No,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Where is the power button located for the "forced reboot"?

2/19/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality, and let me know the results, please.

ok

Please complete the steps I sent above, as a starting point. If you still need more help after that I"m happy to call to help you from there.

Nathan, Technician
Phone call session started
Solid red light at top of both receivers when placed on bases, no lights when off bases. No dial tone on either phone. Can hear breathing in earpiece of both phones.

Can you please send a phone number where I may call you?

1(###) ###-####

Thank you for the call, and best of luck with att,