Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I bought a vtech phone with 3 station. It works fine if I…

I bought a vtech phone...
I bought a vtech phone with 3 station. It works fine if I call & receiving calls but I cannot set up the answering machine. I recorded my announcement but it does not work, also it tells me I have new voicemail, but can't retrieve. Model #CS6529-3 b
2/19/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone or message systems.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone or neighbor's phone = that YOU can use to place a TEST CALL to the Vtech number? If so, please place that call and let me know EXACTLY what is heard - including the number of rings before any announcement comes on.

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Vtech system) attached to this same phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

I called, got 4 rings, and a musical sound also. The generic answer came on, I left a message and it says I have a new voicemail, which I don't know how to get to. I want to get the answering machine. 2. COX. I called them, they I should call you. 3. No
Do I have to pay $26.00 to talk. I would rather return the phone & get a different phone.

Hi again,

I believe you are seeing an "additional service request" - perhaps about a phone call.

As mentioned earlier: ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me).
Please continue to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Can you do one more TEST for me?

That TEST is to set the number of rings on the Vtech system to its LOWEST value (two I believe) and then make a new TEST CALL to the system - to verify that the Vtech DOES pick up the call - after TWO rings?

Thanks

After 2 rings my machine does work, hooray.! Now how do I get more rings?

Thanks for doing that TEST - and the results.

What that tells us it that provider's "Voicemail system" is active and taking the calls at about the four ring setting.

So a setting of less than four - on the Vtech system SHOULD take the calls BEFORE the provider's system can get them.

What I might suggest is that you contact the customer service folks at the provider and either get the steps needed to increase the number of rings on THEIR system (assuming you want to keep that system active) OR have them turn OFF their voicemail system (if you do not want to use their system at all).

NOTE: As long as you have BOTH systems active (Answering system in Vtech and Voicemail from provider), the system with the LOWER number of rings should be the system that picks up the calls that you do not answer.

I hope this helps explain what happened.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Hi, my machine answers but I don't hear my recording when it answers. It just stop ringing & nothing else happens.

Hi again,

Has anything changed - since the system did work?

For example:

Was a new greeting recorded?

Were the number of rings changed?

Is the message system full?

Anything else having to do with the Answering system?

Thanks