Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My phone is ringing 3x then giving a message that my phone…

Customer Question
My phone is ringing...

My phone is ringing 3x then giving a message that my phone has not been set up yet.Before this happened I needed6 rings and MY message came on

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

I don't have it. There is only1 phone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your ONLY1? What have you tried so far?

About a month

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
2/13/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone or message systems.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the phone/answering system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.
2) Also let me know if you are not physically near the system or can not find the model.
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Model. 1 CS6. 124-11
It's a vetch phone portable with only1 phone

Hi again,
I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However another expert may respond to your call request before I can reach a phone.
We can also continue here in this chat/text form.
IF that will work for you, please let me know:

What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
Thanks

Okay for another service person
I am with Bell
I will continue with online conversation

OK - very good.

May I ask if you can do a QUICK TEST for me?

That TEST is to CHANGE the number of rings on the Vtech system to TWO (its smallest setting) and then repeat a TEST CALL to the system?

This is to TEST if the Vtech system CAN answer the test call - after only two rings.

Let me know if you need the steps to change the number of rings and also let me know the results of the TEST.

Thanks

Will you continue on onlineI don't seem to be able to get to Answering system

OK - are you referring to getting to the "Answering system" of the MENU system?

It stops at Play messages then says I have 0 messages

OK - to CHANGE (or set) the number of rings, you must start the process when the system is NOT in use, then navigate through the menu system in a very specific way.

Let me send the instructions for changing/setting the number of rings, and let me know if you can make it through ALL the steps to be able to set the 2 ring setting.Click the LONG LINK below this note to see those steps.

It says no definition found.
I think I'll wait until I have someone else here to help me, if you don't mind.
I shouldn't have a charge on my credit card

What exactly is saying "no definition found"?

Is that coming up on the Vtech phone display, or somewhere else?

After I clicked the link number
The link number on my iPad

OK - if that was for the IMAGE link I sent, let me try sending that image in a different format.

Back soon.

I really think I should wait now until I have someone here to do al the phone stuff

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)