Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

Have error message "Base no power". Tried reregistering with…

Have error message "Base...

Have error message "Base no power". Tried reregistering with no success.

Technician's Assistant: Do all the handsets for your system show the same message?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a full system reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through the various steps.

No, I have not.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. The system was working fine until yesterday evening. Nothing unusual happened that I know of.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model of your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
KX-TG6512
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Texting is fine. If I have to buy a new system I'd rather put the $26 toward that.

Thanks for the info,

This would indicate hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality, and let me know the results, please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Following your suggestions. Will get back to you in 15 minutes.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No luck, no message on handset and no dial tone. Phone line is working because it is connected to my AT&T internet.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I fixed the problem. I had inadvertently unplugged the power while moving my computer. Working now. All's well that ends well.Thanks

Thank you for trying, and glad to hear it is back on track for you!

Nathan, Technician
Nathan, Technician