Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Panasonic phone model TGE460 delete button no longer works…

Panasonic phone model TGE460...

Panasonic phone model TGE460 delete button no longer works or deletes phone messages. Purchased 1 yr ago.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your TGE460? What have you tried so far?

Panasonic phone model TGE460 delete button no longer works to delete messages. Purchased 1 yr ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

What can remedy problem

1/18/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phone(s) or message system.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) What EXACT button is being used - to delete messages? Is that a button on the MAIN BASE or a key on one of the cordless handsets?
2) What happens when you TRY to use that button?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Could not find a remedy in operation inst book, unplugged phone.. nothing happens with using base button. Windstream is our phone co. Just does not delete messages and plays all messages to get to last ones sent

Hi again,
I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However another expert may respond to your call request before I can reach a phone.
We can also continue here in this chat/text form.
IF that will work for you, can you tell me what is PRINTED on the button you normally press - to delete the messages?.
Thanks

Erase

OK - thanks for that confirmation.

IF you are CERTAIN that you do NOT NEED ANY of the messages that are stored, you can TRY to ERASE ALL messages by tapping the ERASE button TWO TIMES - while the system is NOT on a call.

OR we can try a different way to listen to and erase messages - one at a time - using one of the cordless handsets.

Please let me know which of these methods you want to try or will work for you.

Thanks

Let's try option 2, tried the erase button, nothing happens
I did try erasing selected caller info in the book. Did not erase the messages on the base. Did this on wed.
Greg, are you still with me?

Yes, I'm still here.

Let me grab the instructions for using a cordless handset - to listen to the messages.

Back soon.

OK - I have a set of instructions for using a cordless handset to listen to and "manage" your messages. This includes which keys to press the erase messages as they are played OR all messages.

Please click the LONG LINK below this note to see those instructions.

let me know if you have any trouble seeing or interpreting the instructions.

Thanks, ***** *****

This is all Greek to me need to be walked through steps to take

Sorry for any delay - my phone was in use, but is available now.

I will try to call very soon.

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Phone call session started

Thanks for the call Jeanette,

Here is that link I said I would send - to Amazon.

http://amzn.to/2DOGhNt

Thank you for all your help today. Have never done a tech help on computer. At least now we know it is the machine not user error. I appreciate you being patient with my lack of technology. Thanks again.

You're quite welcome,

Please let me know what you find as a replacement or if you have any similar questions in the future.

Take Good Care & Stay Warm (in this winter season), Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer