Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Have a full mailbox and have emptirf it 10X and it still…

Have a full mailbox...

Have a full mailbox and have emptirf it 10X and it still says full on thr base?

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your 10X?

No it is KX-TG7622

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Just pushing the delete email button

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

This is an answering machine not a computer

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

It is voice mail on the base unit

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone(s) or message system(s).
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) Can you double-check and CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.
2) Is the "full mailbox" being SEEN or HEARD - such as when an outside caller tries to leave a message?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Model KX-TG 1555K and KX-TG 7641 . SN 2JCKA324486---2 stickers for model number . Caller hear mailbox full, ATT Provider
I do not want to call you

Hi again,

As mentioned earlier: ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me).
Please continue to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Back to the issue at hand:

Can you do a quick TEST for me? That TEST is to pick up any handset - while NOT on a call - press the TALK (or SPEAKER) button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for a dial tone. Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone - such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones.

Thanks

I hear 4-5 dododododo
This is before dial tone
you still there?

Sorry for any delay - this is NOT an "instant" system and it take a few moments for me to respond to your messages.

Thanks for doing that test - and the results.

What you are hearing when doing that test is actually a "signal" - from the service provider - that you have a "Voicemail system" active on your phone line AND that you have a new message that has not been listened to OR the voicemail system needs some "attention" (needs to be cleared, etc.).

AND since callers are HEARING that the "mailbox full" when calling, that confirms that the attention needed is to erase some messages from that system.

how do I clear it?

So may I ask if you were aware of the provider's Voicemail system and have EVER accessed it successfully before - in the past?

Thanks

Awaare yes but have not used we only use cell voicemail this is for our home phone.

OK - can you please CONFIRM that AT&T is the LANDLINE (home phone) service provider, and if so, is the service "U-verse-based" or older style "wired" service?

Thanks

We have ATT Direct TVI am assuming it is att
Hello?

OK - IF you have AT&T PHONE service, please try the following steps - to access the Voicemail system - and let me know if you can "get in" to that system.

From any home phone:
Pick up any handset and WAIT for the CLEAR dial tone (press TALK or PHONE button if needed).
Dial * 9 8 (star-nine-eight)
When/if prompted, enter your mailbox PIN

(NOTE: if this is the FIRST TIME the system is being accessed, you MAY need to go through a "setup" process.
Press 1 to listen to the messages or verbal instructions.

Let me know if that procedure allows access to the voicemail system.

Thanks

how do we quit ATT and us local system?

Were you ABLE to ACCESS the AT&T system at all?

Thanks

I brought it up to Jan 1

OK - as long as you understand that the "Voicemail system" is DIFFERENT and SEPARATE from any "Answering system" you may have in use in your location, you should be good.

So to "quit using" the provider's message system (Voicemail service), you will want to contact the provider's Customer Support group and find out what "options/features" are turned on for your service, and then choose the options that you want to have active. That may mean having their voicemail feature turned OFF, or otherwise configured to that any local system can take the calls you don't or can't answer.

I have the Customer Support contact number I use shown below.

AT&T Customer Support : 1(###) ###-####/strong>

Go through menu

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this issue.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Hi again,

If you have any trouble finding or using rating the stars, I have a link to a short animation that shows how that should work (click the link).
How to rate an answer --> http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thanks

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer