Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Comcast put Voice Mail on my phones and I do not want it. I…

Customer Question
Comcast put Voice Mail...

Comcast put Voice Mail on my phones and I do not want it. I can get rid of it temporarily by holding the pound key for a few seconds. But it will come back several times during the day. I was told by Comcast personnel that they have it taken off on their end, but I would like to get rid of it permanently. What do I have to do to get that done?

Technician's Assistant: What device are you trying to connect?

I am not trying to connect to anything. I just want to get rid of Voice Mail.

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Again, I am not trying to connect to anything. I just want to permanently get rid of it off my Panasonic phones.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Power, US/DS, online, 2.4 GHz, S GHz, Tel1

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 6 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone or service.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.
2) WHEN did the provider turn OFF the voicemail service?
3) Can you do a quick TEST for me? That TEST is to pick up any handset - while NOT on a call - press the TALK (or SPEAKER) button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for a dial tone. Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone - such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks