Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a RCA DECT 6.0 phone system where I have a remote…

Customer Question
I have a RCA...

I have a RCA DECT 6.0 phone system where I have a remote wireless phone that is just barely in range and I was looking to see if there are any range extenders compatible with RCA.

Technician's Assistant: What RCA system do you have?

It's the 25255RE

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your RCA system? What have you tried so far?

It's been quite a while. I can hear what callers are saying but they can't hear me always. And then the display says out of range.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I have moved it to a closer outlet to verify it works when closer, but my office is in a fixed location so that does me no good.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 6 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately no, there is no such option for these, which is typical of the lower end brands.

There is no extender that is compatible with them. If there is another location with a phone jack closer to where the cordless handset is needed, you could purchase an additional base station to run on the same line that would integrate with the system, and gain extra range that way.

Otherwise you may be better off replacing the entire system with one that does support the extended range. I can offer some recommendations for that if you can let me know if you need 1 or 2 lines and how many handsets you'd need.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.