Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

We have a Panasonic cordless phone system (Model #

Customer Question
We have a Panasonic...

We have a Panasonic cordless phone system (Model # KX-TG6641.) We have just moved into a new home and took our phone/answering system with us. It worked fine at our old home, which had a traditional land line. At our new home, we have been able to keep our old phone number, but with an AT&T system that uses cellular service to mimic a land line. I am not explaining that very well, I know, but I think you are probably familiar with that type of phone system. Anyway, we tried to re-setup our phone, and we can make and receive calls just fine. However, when a call comes in it does not play the greeting message I have recorded, nor does it allow a caller to leave a message. They hear a recording saying that the "mailbox is not yet set up" and tells the caller to call back later. We have gone through absolutely everything we can think of, but cannot get the answering machine to work. Any ideas????

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic system do you have?

The KX-T6641

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?

We have been attempting to set this up for the last week or so, and have tried everything in the manual.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Well, just that the phone works with both incoming and outgoing calls, but not the answering machine.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 month ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) Can you tell me MORE about the "AT&T system that uses cellular service to mimic a land line"? For example, is that system a small "box", that MAY have a model number printed on the bottom of the unit?
2) How many rings is the Panasonic Answering system set to - before it picks up incoming calls?
3) Do you have access to an outside phone - in case any TEST CALLS need to be made to the "mimicked landline" number?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Our phone system is just plugged into the AT&T wireless unit and to power. We are set to 5 rings. My cell number is:(###) ###-####

OK - does that wireless unit have a MODEL NUMBER printed on the bottom - that you can send me?

And can YOU use your cell phone to call the "landline" number, and COUNT THE RINGS BEFORE the "not set up" message is heard?

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer