Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My KX-TG4734 answering machine handset keeps flashing

Customer Question
Hi John, My KX-TG4734...

Hi John, My KX-TG4734 answering machine handset keeps flashing announcing New Voice Mail. When I press the button it starts to dial my security code. On the screen seconds start to count up. Then operator comes on telling me the number is ***** in service and to try to call again. What's up with that? Help please.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

KX-TG4734

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

About 3 weeks. I have asked everyone who comes through my front door . Only one friend who works for a phone co. fixed it. He left and I must have done something wrong again and I had not asked him how he did it. So now I'm asking you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 6 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this same flashing issue?

3) Can you do a quick TEST for me? That TEST is to pick up any handset - while NOT on a call - press the TALK (or SPEAKER) button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for a dial tone. Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone - such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)