Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a kx-tg[551. I am trying to sync the cordless phone…

Customer Question
I have a kx-tg[551...

I have a kx-tg[551. I am trying to sync the cordless phone to the system. It is saying ERROR!!!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Sorry kx-TGP551

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

I have used this before, we disconnected the service a few months ago .. I reconnected it with the same company and the cordless will not sysc

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know

What is the model of the handset and the model of the base?

kx-TGP551 and the handset that is purchased with the base.. I have followed the instructions to assign the headset.. I have had this equipment for years.. This is the first time I have had issues with assigning handsets. When I do attempt to assign the handset.. A ERROR!! message comes along the handset screen.
I actually have sevearl of these base stations.

Does it only say ERROR? or does it have more to the error message?

Just say ERROR!! In caps and the exclamation

Have you tried unplugging all of the cords (power and telephone) then plugging back in and trying to register again?

I have done that.. I can only think when they provision the phone to the new ip, that they turned of the other extension? Not sure.. Just guessing

Have you contacted your carrier?

The phone carrier does not service this unit, the manufacturer is out due to weather

Unfortunately, either your home carrier will need to come out or you will need to use a local company to take a look at your setup and issue.

What is your zip code?