Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a landline wall phone that works. I have on the same…

Customer Question
I have a landline...

I have a landline wall phone that works. I have on the same number a four-unt console phone that doesn't work. All four nuts quit at the same time yesterday. They are approx. six months old. I was told yesterday that it was probably a short and I should replace the system. I did that, and charged the new ones overnight. The lights are on, they are charged, the connections appear to be sound, but I still have no dial tone, no function. What could be causing this?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your phone?

Overnight last night

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

What power button - where?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

NO, but we're not talking about a smartphone - I would, however, like to talk to a smart human!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/4/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 6 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the four-unit phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.

2) Who advised you (yesterday) "that it was probably a short" and the system should be replaced?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Were there any other troubleshooting steps taken (not mentioned above)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

KX-TGE432 Panasonic. Clerk at Walmart. WIndstream. I contacted WIndstream yesterday and have an order in, but, since the wall phone on the same line is working, I hold out little hope that it will help. Have disconnected the unit and reconnected.
Your customer service agent told me a phone call from you would be free. THe screen tells me it will be an extra charge of $26. WHich is it?
Please cancel my request altogether. Thanks.

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay - had a bit of a "family emergency".

From what you have described, it "sounds like" the issue MAY be with the phone "wiring" - to the phone jack where the Panasonic phone cord is connecting.

A simple TEST would be to connect the Panasonic base unit to the same phone jack where the wall phone is connected, and see if the Panasonic works properly at that location.

You may of course have to take the wall phone loose for a few minutes while this TEST is done.

Please let me know IF you can do that TEST and let me know the results if you can.

Thanks, ***** *****

Thank you, ***** ***** have asked that you discontinue - I am pursuing the problem locally.

Sorry - I didn't see the discontinue note - until just now.
Take Care, Greg A.
(im)