Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a UNIDEN landline handset with answering machine (2…

Customer Question
Hi Hi … I...

Hi Hi … I have a UNIDEN landline handset with answering machine (2 handsets). Somehow call forwarding has ben switched on and I cannot erase it Can you help please?

Technician's Assistant: What Uniden system do you have?

Loud & Clear (??)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

XDect extended digital

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/4/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me who provides your home phone service?

Telstras … and they are no help at all … can't you just tell me which buttons to press - it is my parents' phone and they are old and shaky and clearly have accidentally pushed buttons
no … I need both hands to press the buttons … assuming you are going to tell me what to do … if you call on my mobile one hand has to hold the phone

I'm not asking you for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response.

okay … it just doesn't look like an ad from this end

This is not a uniden issue, the phone itself is not capable of forwarding, no single line home phone is, as actual forwarding requires 2 lines. Rather in this case the forwarding function is a service provided by telstra. It may have been turned on accidentally though.
To deactivate it, pick up the line (getting a dial tone) and dial # 2 1 # , then hang up.

The phone line should return to normal at that point.

no such luck … any other ideas??

Can you describe the problem a bit more? What is leading you to believe it is forwarding? Where are calls being routed?

okay I will have to work with Telstra .. do I get a refund?

No, this is a paid support service, it is not free help.

This is also an ongoing conversation, there are several possible causes of this, but I need more information from you to be able to resolve it.

100% satisfaction guaranteed … plus there was supposed to be a free initial call

Again, this is a conversation, I gave you one initial step to try. Then I asked for more information so we could try some other things, and am still awaiting a response back.

This initial question would be free, if you continue on with a monthly membership, or would otherwise be a one time fee of the total you agreed to when posting your question.

sorry the question was missed (system a bit slow) … when I call the number it goes immediately to voice mail (which I cannot access from the landline end) .. it is my parents phone they are very elderly and I cannot have them without communication … they cannot call me on the phone as it rings engaged. When I call them it flashes on my screen that it is call forwarding … and it jumps immediately to a voice mail
God only knows where the calls are being routed to … somewhere in the stratosphere I guess!!

Okay that actually sounds like a line fault, not forwarding.

Try picking up the line again and dialing # 2 4 #

then test again

If no change, try with # 6 1 #

no luck

Do they get their internet through telstra too?

Okay these are the only forwarding functions, so it is not actually forwarding the calls, but rather there is an issue with the line that is causing calls to not come through and go directly to voicemail instead.

Unplug power to their telstra modem for at least 5 minutes,

replug, give it another 5 minutes to restart, then test the line again

okay

Any luck with that?

sadly no

And you said they cannot dial out either, correct?

correct

Thanks, ***** ***** absolutely a line/service issue at this point. The forwarding is really just voicemail coming up because their connection is not online for incoming calls, and that is why they can't call out either, so its not really forwarding. This is a telstra problem and they will need to send a tech out on site to check the line/wiring and repair the faulty equipment on their end.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer