Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

How to activate a replaced telelphone to the kxtga40w

Customer Question
How to activate a replaced...
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me the model number of the phone system? This is found on the main base station (not the handset).

Is the new handset model kxtga40w?
How many handsets do you have with the existing system, in total (including the one being replaced, but not counting the new replacement) ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have 3 phones the model number is ***** tga402

That is the handset.

I need the model of the phone system, found on the main base station.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
KX-TG4021 OR kxtg4023n
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
S/N: OFCXBO38493
MODEL NO KX-TGA4021

Thank you for the information,

Take the new handset (should be charged several hours before use),

then on it key in Menu#130

then go to the main base station and press and hold the Find HS (locator) button for 5 seconds,

then press OK on the new handset, and it will be registered.

Let me know if that works for you please.

Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I pressed the menu and then input 130 did I do something wrong - it is still not working - thanks for your help.

You're missing a step,

you have to press menu then # then 130, can you give that a try

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Technician