Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

Recently purchased DS6722-3, trying to change number of

Customer Question
Recently purchased DS6722-3, trying...

Recently purchased DS6722-3, trying to change number of rings on answering machine before message comes in. cannot figure out where the SCROLL button is. directions say, "scroll" but no arrows to indicate how to do. can you help.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

VITECH

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your VTech system? What have you tried so far?

TRIED TO GO TO ANSWERING SERV AND LOCATE HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE INCOMING CALL IS ANSWERED. I NEED MORE THAN 2 BUT HOW TO I GET THERE

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 month ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the NEW system) attached to this same phone line?

I only ask because MOST of these systems are set to a default number of rings of about four, and if a different system is on the same phone line, then that system MAY be picking up the calls at two rings.

2) Are you able to successfully navigate to the # of rings screen, and then press the SELECT button to display the different values available?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
unable to navigate to # of rings--really confused

OK - how about ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the NEW system) attached to this same phone line?

In other words, did or do you have a PREVIOUS answering device or service - still attached to this phone line?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no other devices--just one phone

OK - let me send you a couple of images (attached below as long links), that show the DETAIL of the CENTER "buttons" of the handset AND the EXACT STEPS for navigating to and setting the number of rings.

NOTE: I have HIGHLIGHTED the center button (on that diagram) AND the exact keys to press during the six-step process for setting the number of rings.

Please click on the long links below to see those images, and then try the STEPS highlight, and let me your results - if you CAN navigate through the screens - to set the number of rings to some value that is NOT 2 - or Toll Saver.

Please let me know if that works for you OR if you have different results.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
greg, cannot locate scroll button and that's the reason for the original message--how can I scroll if I cannot find scroll button

To scroll, use either the UP (top) of the center button of the handset OR the DOWN (bottom) of the center button.

Please give that a try and let me know what happens.

And NOTE: The handset should NOT be sitting on the charger/base when these buttons are pushed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all I get is LIST EMPTY AND NEW VOICEMAIL

Are you pushing the MENU button FIRST, - as shown in STEP 1 of the instructions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
GREG PLESE JUST CANCEL THIS SERVICE SO THAT MY CHARGE CARD CAN BE CREDITED. DONT THINK WE ARE COMMUNICATING, SO THANK YOU AND PLEASE CONFIRM CANCELLATION OF SERVICE.

I am TRYING to communicate.

Did you SEE the IMAGES I sent - by clicking on the LONG LINKS above?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no I don't and I think I'm just wasting your time, again thank you

Also: We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no control and no access to ANY of your private information or account - including canceling questions.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can use the "Help" link that is on almost every page of the site.

If you would like to scroll UP on this page and click the LONG LINKS that show the buttons and steps, I believe they will guide you to "getting this done".

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is late for me and I just got out of the hospital and I'll try to fix this somehow on my own when I feel better

OK - I understand.

Please take as long as needed to use the information I have sent - and let me know if you have any more questions. I'm here almost every day - TO HELP.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer