Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We have used your phones in our home now for several years.

Customer Question
We have used your...

We have used your phones in our home now for several years. In the last few months when someone calls us the phone rings and rings, on and on. Before, a recording would prompt the caller to leave a recording.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Pearl, it is Vtech.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your VTech system? What have you tried so far?

The problem has probably been there five or six months. A few of the relatives have mentioned it to us. We would appreciate your help to correct it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

We have had our Internet service with Century Link. They tell me the problem has nothing with them.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
1/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 6 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.

2) Are you still able to MAKE and ANSWER CALLS - if you pick them up WHILE they are ringing?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

How much is this costing me?

Hi again,

Just in case you were not aware, you have asked your question on JustAnswer.com - a paid support service. It is NOT free help.
Typically there is a $5 deposit - to POST your question - PLUS an agreed upon amount, with the total balance paid upon receiving an answer.

If you have any questions about site operation or fees, there should be a help link on each page where that information can be found.