Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My answereing machine wll not kick in. SL82318. The ansering…

Customer Question
My answereing machine wll...

My answereing machine wll not kick in.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

SL82318

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?

The ansering machine will not work. The light is on to answer, but nothing happens.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

The phone was purchased in 2010 and may just be old. I am 84 and not very techie.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I need help and perhaps the phone is just worn out. Basically it works fine except it will not record incoming messages nor play the recorded default or a recorded message. Since I am the caretaker for a 83 year old spouse, I need a working phone. Thanks for your prompt reply. I have disconnected the phone and the battery twice for as much as 30 sec the second time. Daughters have called etc.
I do not want to pay extra expense to try to fix a phone that may not be fixable. The battery was replaced in 2015. Could that be the problem?
There is static when the recording is supposed to be running.
Please discontinue this exchange. You have given me no support for my AT&T phone. Allk you seem to want is my money. I am not pleased.
I am in a retirement home and the phone is through them.
I do not expect any further charges to my account.
F Jennings