Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Yealink phones we have multiple line\extension phones. we…

Customer Question
yealink phones we have multiple line\extension...
yealink phones
we have multiple line\extension phones. we use vonage business..yealink says it is possible to partition the phones for two different phone Numbers\extension manually and not thru vonage? If so and you have the knowledge I would be happy for your help.. if the answer is no to the above please do not repley
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The answer seems to be 'yes', but for assigning two different extension numbers to one Yealink phone:

- create 2 accounts for the one phone, and give them the same name, but two different extension numbers. And you may give the phone 2 different ring tones, too, after that.

(If you need further details, please tell me what model your Yealink phone is, and if you have a central phone system box, what make and model it is.)

model t238g, again we use vonage business. no external pbx or box. what is the password ***** The account is admin i think
user name is admin

I regret that I cannot do anything with the information you have given me so far: There is no Yealink phone mentioned anywhere with a model # of T238g, which is a model # for an altogether different kind of device, not a phone at all. That may be a serial #; please determine your Yealink phone's model, or describe your phone some more.

SORRY I AM NOT GETTING YOUR RESPONSE ON MY CELL. PHONE IS A T38G

That model of phone can have two different accounts configured on it.

Then those two different accounts may be able to be referenced by two different extension numbers.

1. Press Menu

Settings

Advanced Settings (the password *****: admin)

Accounts.
2. Select the desired account and then press the Enter soft key.
3. Select Enable from the Activation field.
4. Enter the desired values in Label, Display Name, Register Name, User Name,
Password ***** SIP Server fields respectively. Contact your system administrator for
more information.
5. Press the Save soft key to accept the change or the Back soft key to cancel.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 until you have registered all accounts.
One of the 'desired values' in (4) above, determines the extension # for this account (and the account is associated with the phone.) Possibly that is the Label - it might be 3602 for one account, and 3606 for another account, both registered on and for this one phone, at a guess.

The home menu of the phone should show a row of accounts registered on the right - one row on the right for each account, and its extension # with it, apparently. Page 57 (67 or 132 in the Reader app) shows this clearly.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.