Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

How can I change the handset extension number? It is now on…

Customer Question
How can I change...

How can I change the handset extension number? It is now on [4] and I would like it to read [1].

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic KX-TG6071B

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TG6071B? What have you tried so far?

It is recent. We just had to replace the handset because the print out on the screen failed.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I just would like to know how to change the extension number.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The extension number is ***** when the phones are added to the base station.

So you would need to deregister all handsets and re-register them in your chosen order.