Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My wife dropped our V-Tec cordless phone (we have 3

Customer Question
My wife dropped our...

My wife dropped our V-Tec cordless phone (we have 3 connected) and we can no longer get a dial tone or receive incoming calls.

Technician's Assistant: Did this handset come with your system, or was it bought separately?

Came with the system

Technician's Assistant: Do all the handsets show the same message?

Yes, no line

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try turning OFF the handset that was dropped - if it got broken in exactly the wrong way, it might be jamming signals for all phone handsets in the vicinity. Also remove the battery, to be sure its circuitry (broken, no doubt) is dead and without power.

Then turn OFF all other handsets too. Leave them that way, and unplug the base unit from the power (only - making sure the phone line is still plugged in to it.)

Wait 10 minutes or longer; Plug in the base unit, then a trifle later, turn on the un-bro***** *****dsets.

See if that cures the problem. I hope so - let me know, if you would, in Reply. I will help further as needed.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

There will be other things to try for this problem, if my first suggestion failed.

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)