Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic KX-TG4500 office phone system. For some…

Customer Question
Hi! I have...

Hi! I have a Panasonic KX-TG4500 office phone system. For some reason TODAY my line 1 does not ring. Line 2 rings okay. No other lines. I have hit menu and found 'ringer settings.' Ringer volulme is high. Ringer pattern is certainly audible on L1 and L2....HELP! Our customers can't call us!!!

Technician's Assistant: When did this sound problem start with your Panasonic system?

TODAY

Technician's Assistant: Does it happen on all the handsets?

Yes....cannot hear L1 at all and, unless we see L1 blinking, we have no way of knowing someone's calling in(:

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No....that's it! Thanks!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Still need help......L1 doesn't make a sound when people call in - other than that, it works (can call in and out on it). We can only tell someone calls in if we happen to be looking at it.
No....let's try this. I already thought I was reaching out to Panasonic directly. Was surprised I had to pay.

We are not Panasonic and this is a paid service.

Do you wish to continue?

No, it's fine. Please keep going
Are you there?
I do wish to continue!!!!

Please unplug the power cord from the L1 phone

Also, unplug the line cable too that goes into the telephone jack.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug all it back in

Does it work now?

HARRY!? Still need your help!

Wait 2 minutes

Plug all it back in

Does it work now?

No sir. Same issue.

Are you able to make calls on that phone?

I can call out. People can call in. We just cannot hear it ring from the main unit, nor from any of the handsets. L2 rings just fine when people call in. L1, though working, doesn't ring. You'd have to stare at the phone all day to see if anyone was calling in. Just started today!!!

Did you make sure the volume is turned up on the phone?

Good bye.

Okay, thank you.