Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a visually impaired friend who has a Panasonic

Customer Question
I have a visually...

I have a visually impaired friend who has a Panasonic KX-TGM450 Amplified Cordless Telephone with Digital Answering Machine. He accidentally blocked a telephone number and doesn't know how to unblock it.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGM450? What have you tried so far?

He has had the phone about a month. Bear in mind, he can't see very well and was unable to tell me when this happened.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/22/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 6 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your friend's system.

To help you with this issue, I have the text instructions for how to erase a single number from the blocked list.

I understand that your friend is visually impaired, so they MAY need some assistance in performing these steps - depending on the amount of vision they have.

Here are the steps to UNBLOCK (erase) a single number from the block list.

0) pick up ANY handset - while the system is not in use (not on a call).
1) press MENU # 2 1 7 (pound-two-one-seven)
2) press the UP/DOWN arrows keys to display/highlight "block a single number"
2a) Press the SELECT soft key (button below display)
3) press the UP/DOWN arrows keys to scroll through and find the desired entry (the number to unblock (erase)
4) Once the number is ***** press the ERASE soft key.
4a) Press the UP/DOWN arrows to highlight "Yes" (to confirm you want to erase the number).
4b) press the SELECT soft key
4c) Press the OFF button (to exit programming).

That should do it.

Please your friend give that a try (with any needed assistance) and let me know if there are any issues.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-