Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

The handsets all blink as though a message is waiting, but…

Customer Question
The handsets all blink...

The handsets all blink as though a message is waiting, but the message center is empty, How do I shut off this blinking light?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic kxtge270

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KXTGE270? What have you tried so far?

Since Dec 11

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

We joined comcast on the 11th, previous carrier for internet was dish. comcast installed landlin, internet and a wieless router. We had no trouble with the phone while it was wireless in dish network

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the current phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) Can you do a quick TEST for me? That TEST is to pick up any handset - while NOT on a call - press the TALK (or SPEAKER) button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for a dial tone. Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone - such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Comcast. Several beeps, sounds like five or six

Thanks for that information and test results.

What those "beeps" are is the provider's "Voicemail system" - sending a "signal" that their voicemail system either has a NEW message waiting OR the system needs some kind of "attention" (needs to be set up, cleared, etc.).

So if you have NOT accessed that system yet (since installation), I have the steps below that should get you into the system - using any touch-tone home phone.

How to access voicemail - from a HOME PHONE:
Pick up handset and listen for steady dial tone.
Dial * 9 9 (star-nine-nine)
Enter password ***** prompted
OR
Follow prompted "setup instructions"

Once the system gets the attention needed, that signal SHOULD go away, along with any notifications/indicators you are seeing on the Panasonic system.

Please give these steps a try and let me know if you can successfully get into the provider's voicemail system, and perhaps set it up.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer