Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic phone system, but cannot get rid of a…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic phone...

I have a Panasonic phone system, but cannot get rid of a voice mail. Tried everything to clear the screen. What do I do now ? Daniel ************

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 5 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What exactly are you seeing or hearing - related to the voice mail?

2) How are messages normally listened to (pressing PLAY on main base, or other method)?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

I normally press 'play'. In this case, the screen shows to press 'VM'. When I do I get the message that I am trying to get rid of. I have also pressed 'off' and can't get rid of the message.My landline is Spectrum.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Can you do a quick TEST for me?

That TEST is to pick up any handset - while NOT on a call - press the TALK (or SPEAKER) button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for a dial tone.

Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone - such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones.

Thanks

I hear a few beeps, and then a dial tone

OK - what those beeps are is actually a "signal" that is being sent by the phone service provider. That signal tells us (and the phone) that the provider's "voicemail system" either has a NEW voicemail waiting OR that system needs some "attention" (needs to be set up, cleared, etc.).

Once that system gets the attention it needs, that signal should go away, along with any indicators on the Panasonic system.

So what is recommended is contacting the "Technical Support" group at the provider, and see what needs to be done to configure their voicemail system to behave the way you want it to.

Please let me know what is found or if you have any more questions about this issue.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,

If needed, please use the following link to find the Spectrum contact details.
NOTE: You MAY have to enter your zip code on the page to get the local contact details.

Click Here --> https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this voicemail issue.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer