Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have an old Vtech phone. It works perfectly. But how do I…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Vtech phone. It works perfectly. But how do I use the phone to call, say, downstairs? I.e. how do I get the other phones in the house to ring?

Technician's Assistant: What VTech system do you have?

I don't think I have a system. I just have a nice, black Vtech phone.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your VTech system? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything. I don't really use the phone except in the old fashioned way. I.e. I don't save numbers. But I would like, if I can, to call downstairs using the same number as my Vtech phone upstairs.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you tell me the model number of the system?

It should be printed on the main base station (the one plugged to the phone line) and usually starts with CS or CL

Nathan, pls hang on a minute. No one told me the $5 was just a deposit. I don't want to pay any more for an answer. It's just a simple question. Can you let me have the answer for $5? If not, I'll have to call it a day -- unhappily.

No,

the fee is not and never was just 5. I'm sorry if that was not clear, but it should have been explained on the payment page. That was just to post the question, not the total.

You may cancel from the help page if you'd like, or we can continue here, under the full fee you agreed to and were charged.

No. Sorry for the mistake. Please cancel and refund.

I have no ability to do that, we're all independent techs here.

You may self manage any billing matters from the Account link at the top of the page.