Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have a kx-tg7641 phone systems. I noticed that one of our…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a kx-tg7641 phone systems. I noticed that one of our extension bases is not powering. There is click once you place handset in the base. Therefore after a while, that particular phone dies out. However, if I move that phone to another base it charges. So the problem is only the extension base

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your phone?

Phones are alwasy being charged in the base. I just noticed it this AM when it was the only extension not ringing when a call came in. I saw that phone was dead, it does however charge in a different base. i tried plugging into a different outlet and it still did not charge

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

Where would I find that? on the base extension or on the handset?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

You can connect me thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

As an initial step, you can try cleaning the base, by swabbing the contacts with some qtips and rubbing alcohol. If that dosen't help you can proceed with buffing the metal contacts/pins with some fine emory paper.

If that still doesn't work then the adapter is faulty and I can help you find a replacement.

Hello
Base is faulty, I tried cleaning it per your instructions above. Phone is fine
You are correct it's the ac adaptor that is faulty. Pnlv226 is the part #
Is a replacement avail?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.
Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response.

Thank you for trying the cleaning,

You may order the oem part here: https://encompass.com/item/10899177/PANASONIC/PNLV226-KX/ADAPTER

or a generic one here: http://amzn.to/2kCrIDv

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

how do I get my $5 refunded

You don't, this is a paid support service, it is not free help.

The 5 was just to post your question and is refundable only if you do not receive an answer.

I provided the above information and you were charged the total fees you agreed to on the payment page.

Please note:
I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.
Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help. Asking for a refund is effectively forcing me to work for free for my time spent helping you.

Nathan, Technician