Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I just installed a Panasonic KX TGF544 cordless telephone…

Customer Question
I just installed a...

I just installed a Panasonic KX TGF544 cordless telephone with Digital Answering Machine. When I called from my cell phone to check that it was working properly, the answering announcement can on but then switched to the fax tone. Can you help me. I have an Epson Workforce printer/fax/copier/scanner

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

When I setup my new phone

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Technician
The phone isn’t the problem here that is just coincidence. It may not have been noticed with a prior phone due to the settings for when it answered. In this case the fax and answer system are picking up at the same time. Assuming you don’t actually need to receive faxes regularly the easiest option is to just set the fax machine to be off. There should be an option in the printer menu under fax setup and set it to Tel mode or auto answer to off.Let me know if that works for you.
Thank you

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I realized the problem before I got your answer. I just set my fax to pick up on 6 rings and my answering machine to pick up on 4 rings. So I will just turn off my answering machine when I am expecting a fax. Thanks anyway. I was to quick to ask for help
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 month ago

You're very welcome. That does match what I had recommended as well, glad to hear it worked for you.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Technician