Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a vtech model #cs6419-2 it says on the dial new voice…

Customer Question
I have a vtech...

I have a vtech model #cs6419-2 it says on the dial new voice mail. I have called and had Infinity/comcast take off that service and the state to call you.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your #CS6419-2? What have you tried so far?

I have called comcast and they have taken it off and even contacted vtech and taken it off yesterday. this am its back on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/16/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) WHEN was the voice mail service turned OFF - by the Comcast folks?

2) Can you do a quick TEST for me? That TEST is to pick up any handset - while NOT on a call - press the TALK (or SPEAKER) button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for a dial tone. Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone - such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Hi again,

Please try to REPLY ONLY HERE - so that I can try to help you.

Thanks

(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

it has a couple of beeps. you already got 35.00. if it is more forget it for no help
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 6 months ago

Hi again and thanks for finding your way back here.

If you are hearing some "beeps" before the clear dial tone, those beeps are actually a "signal" - from the service provider - that the provider's "Voicemail system" IS STILL ACTIVE - and needs "attention" of some kind (has new messages to be listened to, needs to be set up or cleared, etc.). Once that attention is giving, the signal should go away, along with any indicators that are appearing on the Vtech system.

Considering that you have Comcast, I would recommend trying to access their voicemail system - using the following process - to see if there are any messages there that may be important.

OR you could contact the Comcast Technical Support group again to VERIFY that they actually configured their voicemail system the way YOU want it to behave.

How to access most Comcast voicemail system - from a HOME PHONE:
Pick up handset and listen for steady dial tone.
Dial * 9 9 (star-nine-nine)
Enter password ***** prompted
OR
Follow prompted "setup instructions"

Please give one of these items a try and let me know your results or if you have any more questions about your Vtech system.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)