Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

Have two phone system cs6729, says "line in use", cannot…

Customer Question
Have two phone system...

Have two phone system cs6729, says "line in use", cannot clear to make calls, been without our landline for 3 days.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Vtech cs6729

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your CS6729? What have you tried so far?

Three days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Says "line in use" what will the charge be?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/15/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Vtech system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

century link
no
outside lines are fine
greg I would call but where we live cell phones keep breaking up, that is why we have land line

Hi again and thanks for that information.

I'm not sure what "outside lines are fine" means.

Can you explain a bit more?

it is with the phone, the box outside with a corded phone gets a dial tone.

OK - is the "box outside" on the same phone line as the Vtech system is connected to?

And is that a "test jack" that the corded phone is being connected to?

the phone company has you go to check line coming into the house. There is static on the line.
should I go back to century link?

IF the static is at the TEST JACK - where the service comes into the house, then yes, contacting Century link to report that issue would be the next correct step, as the issue is most likely with their service line coming into the home.

Let me know if that is NOT the case.

Thanks

greg I thought it would be a quick fix. I need to leave for an appt. soon.
told $5 for an answer.

IF this is a SERVICE ISSUE with Century Link (static on their line), then this may NOT be a "quick fix".

Also, We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account - including any stated charges for fees.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Please let me know if you have any more questions - about your phone system - now or in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.

are you there?

Yes - I'm here.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer