Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We bought our Panasonic phone system about a year ago and…

Customer Question
We bought our Panasonic...

We bought our Panasonic phone system about a year ago and the phone is like cutting out and static for about a week...what's the problem?/

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

I don't have i"ll try to get it off the phone!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

About a year, we really love because we're both wheel chair bound and it's the best one we've ever had!!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

The # is KX-TDG222

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...KX-TDG222..."

Initially, which phone company is the service provider for this home/land line phone?

Magic Jack

Is the magicJack device directly connected to the modem/router?

...or to a USB port of a computer?

Connected to the computer

Have you tried / can you please try determine the performance of the Internet connection?

...please click HERE and click on the GO button

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

No, but my computer is working I'm handicapped and cannot get to the computer to check The phone is working but it cutsout and has static

I understand that the "...computer is working..." hence would be used to test the quality of the Internet connection. This is the primary suspect why there would be "...cutting out and static..." on the Panasonic/magicJack.

When conveniently able, please perform the above-linked test.

Thanks.

I can't because at 80; I'm not able to understand but can't afford the 26.oo for a call!!

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads and offers.

Still and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

Hi again and Happy Holidays!

Is further assistance / information still needed with this?

Louie, Technician