Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My answering system messages are not being recorded as of 3…

Customer Question
My answering system...

My answering system messages are not being recorded as of 3 or 4 wks ago. Have tried all the manual suggestions incl personal greeting to no avail. Mod.#KX-TG433SK, Ser. #4cbqa035999

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your #4CBQA035999?

Since12-16-2015

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Personal greeting, off/on and everything in troubleshooting P 40

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...answering system..." I apologize for the wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...answering system..."

Additionally, which phone company is the service provider for the home/landline phone?

Offhand, I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the home/landline phone
Bear with me and consider even if just for test purposes:

• • call again your home number using your cellphone;
  • • do not answer the home/landline phone;
  • • remember exactly the message heard when the call is automatically answered;
  • • turn off, disconnect / remove the power and telephone connections of the home/landline phone base / main unit;
  • • expectedly the home/landline phone would not ring as it is currently disconnected;
  • • compare the message heard now and the earlier message when the first test call was made;
  • • if the same, then it would not be the disconnected home/landline phone;
  • • it would be the phone company's VoiceMail service intercepting your unanswered calls;
  • • call and bring this to the attention of the phone company;
  • • have them disable / turn off their VoiceMail feature to your home number which may have been inadvertently / accidentally turned on/enabled.
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi again and Happy Holidays!

Is further assistance / information still needed with this?