Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Just bounght KX-TG3634 handbook asks me to type in #302 to…

Customer Question
Just bounght KX-TG3634...

Just bounght KX-TG3634 handbook asks me to type in #302 to record message, but menu only recognizes telephone cues! help

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?

Just plugged in last night.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Use trying to understand the land book-it seems to written for another phone!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/14/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (or the outside of the package).

2) What exactly happens when trying to record a new greeting? That is, what is seen on the screen when entering the code mentioned?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

here are the numbers on base KX-TG430
KX=TGE3640B
ANOTHER NO- BXAT18369 Touching menu button only brings up phone book !!!

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - what happens most is that the key sequence is not done exactly right - to make the system go to the specific function or feature you are trying to program.

For example, ALL "Direct Command" function START with the sequence of:

- Pressing the MENU button then

- Pressing the # (pound) key then

- Pressing the actual numbers of the feature.

As a specific example, programming the "greeting" on most Panasonic cordless systems is done by:

0) Picking up a cordless handset - while the system is NOT on a call.

1) Press MENU button

2) Press # (pound) key

3) Press 3 key

4) Press 0 key

5) Press 2 key.

That should bring up the "Record now?" screen of the handset.

6) Press the UP arrow key to highlight "Yes", then press the SELECT soft key (button below the word SELECT on the display).

Here is a video that shows the rest of the process. Please take a look and try these steps to see if you can get it to work for your system.

Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4shKaBDTKoU

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)