Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have one of my handsets that is not working. I bought new…

Customer Question
I have one of...

I have one of my handsets that is not working. I bought new batteries and they haven't helped the phone doesn't appear to be charging at all.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic of course model KXTGA680

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KXTGA680? What have you tried so far?

Tried swapping charging locations, swapped out other handsets, and replaced batteries with nothing working on this handset

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

That is all i can tell you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you see any display on that handset at all, or any beeps?

nothing on the handset at all

Thank you for confirming,

when you replaced the batteries, what did you replace them with?

The Nimh rechargeable Duracell
No can you just help solve the problem

I don't know what you are saying no to.

Dont try to sell me more can you help me under your original $5 charge or not

I am not trying to sell you anything.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

However the fee paid for this chat is not and never was only 5, that wast just to post the question, not the total which you agreed to on the payment page. Do you wish to continue?

im saying no to the 26 dollar phone call
no thank you

Again, I'm not asking you to, you did pay the full agreed upon fees (which was not 5) for the chat here already.

There are many different rechargeable batteries on the market, many of which are not compatible with these phones. Please try taking the batteries out of one of your working handsets and put them into the "bad" handset, then see if it will take a charge in that situation and let me know the results.

what was the full amount that i never agreed to pay
hello can you help me?

We're all independent techs here, I have no control over or access to any billing or account matters, but I assure you the prices were detailed as you went through the process of posting your question, though not everyone reads the terms before proceeding. You may click on the Account link at the top of the page to view that billing history and then we can continue on here when you're ready.

Thank for the warning

You're welcome, I just wanted to be sure you understood before proceeding so there are no surprises.

Ok I’m done.

Do you mean you want to stop?
Or you're comfortable with what you signed up for and want to proceed?

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer