Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic cordless phone, Model No KXTG (or that…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic cordless phone, Model No KXTG (or that might be a 9) 6051 AL.

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic system do you have?

Cordless phone Model No KXTG ( or that might be 9) 6051 AL with a base and two additional handsets.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?

After a lengthy power outage, it will not connect. The message on all three hansets is "No link to base. Move closer to base. Try again".

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Since power outage Monday- Tuesday. Tried recharging. Don't have any idea what else to try. No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This would indicate a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines, which would be consistent with the outage you had.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality, and let me know the results, please.

Will do. Cannot do until tomorrow.

No problem, please give it a try when you have a chance and let me know the results.