Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Its my home phone and the voicemail will not accept my

Customer Question
Its my home phone...

Its my home phone and the voicemail will not accept my input. Neither phone number or pin number.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

Vtech

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?

I have tried changing my pin and it doesn't accept the new one.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Vtech system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly (do allow access to voicemail)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

I got frustrated and finally solved it myself. It occurred to me that the voicemail had stopped refusing my phone # entry. So that much was working. Then I tried to change my pin number again and finally entered 1-6 which it accepted. I was finally able to access my messages and eliminate the backlog. The vtech is stamped 6.0 and the serial # is 56219. I have no other devices on this unit and my carrier is ATT.
Don't need a call. I have solved it.

Hi again,

Its good to know that you got the system working again.

If my input helped in ANY way (sometimes asking the right question leads to a solution), please consider rating my service at a high level (5-star is my goal). This is how I am compensated for the time spent with you, and how I help support my family.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)

Not satisfied with your response. Didn't want to downgrade you.

Thanks for letting me know.

Please let me know if you have any similar questions in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)