Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Does GE still offer the digital answerer (GE) speakerphone?

Customer Question
Does GE still offer...

Does GE still offer the digital answerer (GE) CID speakerphone?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1976 model

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have had this phone for years. It serves my needs. I do not wish to have a cordless or any other later models. The model I have is "on the blink", because I was away from home for 45 days.The recording tape was overextended and now I am unable to review ,,play or delete the 75 messages. Can you help me with get my phone back in order or possibly get a used one?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where would I find the model#? There are #'s on the backside. Does the model # start with letter?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/12/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? That model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

NOTE: If you are not sure about the model number formatting, just send ALL characters you see - including letters and numbers.

2) What happens when you TRY to play any stored messages?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

To:
Greg A.
Thank you for all your help and concern. In the interim, I have accomplished "fixing" my phone and have successfully deleted all unwanted messages (108). Now, I'm able to hear any new message when the play/stop button is flashing, indicating someone left a message when I was not available to answer.
Lorraine Storto

Hi again Lorraine,

Its good to know that you got the system working again.

NOTE: based on the AGE of the system, it might be a good idea to look into a replacement system for this unit. Is issue with a 40+ year old system may be an indicator of future failures.

As a reference only, I have a link below to a search (on Amazon) for the phrase "corded telephone answering machine". This should give you a good list of what such products are out there today.

Click Here for Search Results --> http://amzn.to/2ytuTSL

If my input helped in ANY way (sometimes asking the right question leads to a solution), please consider rating my service at a high level (5-star is my goal). This is how I am compensated for the time spent with you, and how I help support my family.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)