Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Product is kx-tgd213; alarm function does not work as

Customer Question
Product is kx-tgd213;...

Product is kx-tgd213; alarm function does not work as described in OP instructions. HELP

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your KX-TGD213?

Purchased Mar 2017

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Turning off as instructed in book. time set does not go away is it possible that neighbor can set MY alarm on my phone?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

This is NOT a smart phone it is a digital cordless phone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

About 2 months. as before, i tried to delete time set as OI instructions

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't understand this is NOT a smart phone

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 5 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What indication(s) are seen that confirms the Alarm is ON? For example, is there an icon on the display of handset in question?

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?

3) What specific instructions (from the instructions) were used to attempt to turn OFF the alarm? If you can, please list the EXACT keys pressed and the sequence.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

1. the alarm sounds tho I have never set it. started about 2 monts ago 2. have 3 handsets and all sets have this issue alarm sounds at same time tho has never been set by me 3. pressed #720 per instructions and response shows that alarm was off but continues to sound once a day at 6:45 AM HELP
No to phone call. This is really a Panasonic problem that they should be answering Right?

OK - just to CONFIRM - if you program the handset to turn ON the alarm, does the Alarm icon appear on the screen (little "clock" icon)?

And as of right now, we do NOT KNOW if this is a Panasonic issue (or not).

in answer to programing alarm

OK - no VERIFY (test) that the little clock icon goes away - when the alarm is set to OFF.

Also, please let me know what phone service provider you have for this phone line.

Thanks

it goes off when set to OFF. Service is provided by Comcast

OK - if the icon IS turning OFF and ON, I don't believe this is an issue with the Panasonic system. But it could be an alarm feature from either the service provider OR some other service.

Can you check the Caller List and see if a call was received - at the time you mentioned (~6:45AM)?

My caller list does not show any calls at that time of day. As stated this happens every day at the same time. Almost as if has been some how reset

Interesting ... are there ANY calls showing on the caller list - from the last day or so?

And is the DATE & Time showing on the handsets CORRECT?

we get MANY call each day and they all seem to show up correctly the date and time are showing correctly on each set I just checked them

OK - can you tell me what is heard and seen on the handsets - when this alarm goes off?

I only ask because my notes say that the alarm can be programmed for EACH handset - at different times. So I'm trying to discover something that may be common to ALL handsets.

Thanks

I'm sound asleep when this goes off so I SEE nothing but the alarm sounds for about 3 minutes t goes of and resounds about 2 minutes later for maybe a minute and then stops completelty till the nest day AFTER i'vedi cancelled the alarm on the set

Interesting.

I just TESTED the alarm feature on one of the Panasonic phones I have, and it did DISPLAY the word Alarm while lighting up the display.

Also, my notes say the alarm should sound for up to 3 minutes, when set to "once" or "daily", so that sounds like correct timing for the alarm function.

Now I noted that you mentioned a "neighbor" earlier. Do you KNOW if that neighbor also has a similar Panasonic cordless phone system AND how far away they may be (adjacent apartment, house, etc.)?

The neighboring house is maybe 75 ft away but I don't know if he has a Panasonic set Actually have neighbors on each side the closer one is probably 50 ft away unknown about phones

Well, it COULD be remotely possible that a similar model system could be sending out a "paging signal" - such as when the LOCATOR button is pressed, and I believe that paging goes on for about 3 minutes too.

Another thing you can TRY - to see if this is an issue with the MAIN BASE of your system is to RESET the entire system, using the procedure I have below.

Again, this is just an ATTEMPT to clear a condition that may not even exist, but at least it is some "action" that can be performed. Also, you will not have any results until about 6:45 tomorrow morning, so will not know until then if the reset does anything at all.

Cordless system "reset" procedure.

This is done by following the steps below.
============================
1) Remove the batteries from ALL handsets in the system.
2) Remove the phone cord from the main base unit AND the phone jack in the wall.
3) Remove the AC power adapter plug from the main base unit AND remove the AC adapter from the power outlet.
4) WAIT 15 minutes. This allows any "stuck" conditions in the components to clear.
5) Reconnect the batteries in all handsets.
6) Reconnect the phone cord between the main base and the phone jack in the wall.
7) Reconnect the AC power adapter plug in the main base unit and then plug the AC adapter into the wall power outlet.
8) Wait 30-60 seconds for the system to reinitialize.
9) Test each handset for proper function.
10) Test each function of the main base unit (answering system, caller id, etc.).
============================

Please give these things a try and let me know what you find or if you have more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

I will first contact neighbors to see if they are using phones for alarms. May take several days. Please do not charge my account with calls! Thanks for you help thus far.

You're quite welcome and thanks for that information.

Please take as long as is required to check into this issue ... I'm here almost every day to help.

And just so you know, We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account, including any charges.

I will look for your results a bit later - such as after 6:45AM tomorrow.

Thanks, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer