Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

How do i turn the ringer on for my panasonic cordless phone…

Customer Question
How do i turn...

How do i turn the ringer on for my panasonic cordless phone model number kx-tga230pw? it's on for phone #1 but not phone #2.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGA230PW? What have you tried so far?

It's been going on for as far as i can remember and I've had the phone so long that I can't find the manual.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Np.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Either the handset in question is defective (has lost its ringer function), or else it needs to be turned On for that one handset, on that one handset.

Take that handset, and proceed as follows (I am typing up the instructions now...)

First check on the handset's screen, whether there is a 'bell' icon, with a slash through it - is there?

no - the screen shows "received calls" (2) when i pick it up. when i click the off button it showns "ringer off" (2)

If it has no bell icon, the ringer is probably broken.

Try turning the volume up on the affected (or perhaps broken) handset, when the other handsets are ringing with an incoming call... that should raise the volume on the ringer.

Let me know how that works, or if it doesn't produce any ringer sound on that handset.

the volume is currently all the way up as has been but still no ringing occurs when a call come in. Since the screen says the ringer is off, what buttons do I push to turn it on.

You have to adjust the ringer volume while the phone is ringing, otherwise you are adjusting the voume of the speaker or the earpiece.

ok, but how do i do that?

Or try (when the handset is unused and no calls being made nor coming in) on that handset, press

MUTE/FUNCTION

and then scroll down to the Ringer Setting

and press the right-arrow to enter the sub-menu

then select the up or down arrow, to go to Ringer Volume

then press the right-arrow to set the Ringer Volume, and when it is set to maximum, press the right-arrow again.

Does that produce any result?

I tale my last message back... I seem to have got it to work doing what you suggested. to test it, why don't you give me a call at(###) ###-####

Let's wait until you get a call, since I am sorry to say, I am forbidden by JustAnswer regulations from calling customers - except if a Phone Call Request has been made, which it has not in this case.

Does the ringer work? that's the real question... I hope I have helped it work. Let me know, please, by and by.

ok, i just got a call and the ringer function now seems to be working. thanks for your help... bill f******

Great! Glad to hear it, Mr. Freeman. Could you rate my answer and my work, by using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer page for your question? A five-star rating would best show appreciation of my work on getting the phone's ringer fixed. Thanks! and have a great day.

(The page, for your reference if you need it, would be this page:

http://www.justanswer.com/phone-systems/aupo7-turn-ringer-panasonic-cordless-phone.html )