Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We have 2 sos of panasonic cordless phones and starting

Customer Question
We have 2 sos...

We have 2 sos of panasonic cordless phones and starting yesterday, we answer the phone calls, can hear the caller but they cannot hear us.

Technician's Assistant: When did this sound problem start with your system?

Also, checking the voice mails, dialing the voice mail number, we do not hear the usua

Technician's Assistant: Does it happen on all the handsets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

When I DIAL OUT, WE DO NOTE HEAR A THING, cannot determine if our calls went thru, do not hear the ringing of the no we just dialed. What is happening??

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
I have been waiting for your reply
This time is past 8minutes- need to know when I will get your response. Use our cell phone no(###) ###-####
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should start with KX-TG).

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

older set: KX-TG4741; TG 4743B ;SN- 3EBXA0254942nd set: KX- TG220 ; TG222N ; SN - 4HBQA076646
Phone service provider: Spectrum No other devices/phones attached to the same phone line
I do hope all these answers get to you and I shall keep on waiting for your reply.
I would not mind paying if I can be sure that this problem can be solved. Is this a refundable charge??

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Sorry for any delay.

Concerning the service provider:

a) Do you have ANY OTHER SERVICES through Spectrum - such as internet and/or TV?

b) Is there ANY provider EQUIPMENT in your home - such as a MAIN BOX (sometimes called a "modem"), where most or ALL of the services connect?

NOTE: These MAIN boxes typically have several lights on the front and a few cable/cords connected in the back. And one of the front lights will be labeled "PHONE" or "TEL 1".

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Spectrum handles all - TV,internet & phone and YES - the modem has phone - light is on
no sir, I will not switch to a call and have to pay the 26.00. We cannot afford it at this time.

Hi again,

I think it is time to RESET that modem - so it will reload and reboot all of your services (internet, phone, etc.).

To do that reset, simply find the POWER PLUG in the back of that modem, and disconnect it.
NOTE: If there is a "backup battery" attached to OR inside the modem, that will need to be disconnected too.
Leave ALL power disconnected for AT LEAST TWO MINUTES, AND check that ALL the lights are out on the front of the modem.
Then, after the TWO MINUTES, reconnect the power plug (and backup battery if needed), and watch the lights on the front of the modem for a minute or so, as the device restarts.
When the lights "stabilize", then you should be able to TEST the phone lines again and see if calls can now be MADE going OUT, and received coming IN.

Please give that a try and let me know your results.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)