Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Sorry started a chat but had to leave before completing. I…

Customer Question
Sorry started a chat...

Sorry started a chat but had to leave before completing. I have a site that is using TPG500 bases with handsets to provide service in condos. The question I have is, if I order a TGP600 kit, will the Handset register and work with the TPG500 base? If not will the old Handsets work with the new TPG600 base because they are using 4 to 5 handsets per base and dont want to replace them all if I dont need to.

Technician's Assistant: Did this handset come with your system, or was it bought separately?

Bought separately. We have an ESI phone system and using SIP to tie the phone to it.

Technician's Assistant: Do all the handsets show the same message?

No the old phones are working ok now, but we needed to replace 1 handset for TPG500 and they show to be obsolete.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Yes the same handsets will work with TGP500 and TGP600.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Pete, do the new ones register the same way on the TPG500 base. Because I see an option for base 2, 3 or 4 when I try to register the new handset to old base. But looking at how old one would register to base I don’t see anything on those options

Please re-confirm - is it a TPG500 base or a TGP500 base?

Sorry TGP

Which options do you see on the handset menu?

Pete sorry for the delay. Found and ordered a replace handset for the TGP500. But I can’t seem to register it to base keep getting error. I used an existing handset to deregister handset 1 as that is the handset that needs to be replaced but if I go to web interface it still shows handset 1 as being registered under VoIP status. Also on existing phone I no longer have handset 1 as an option to unregister.
New handset is a TPA-50

Was able to get wth someone at Panasonic SIP support and I’m working with them to resolve this issue. Thanks

Glad to hear you got it resolved!

Happy Holidays!

Pete.