Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I KNOW that the kid/man next door has been listening in my…

Customer Question
Hi- I KNOW that...

Hi- I KNOW that the young kid/man next door has been listening in my home.Pvt Investigator said he's using my phones as microphones to listen, and on 2 occasions, to blast a scream into my room. I'm trying to find what I can do to keep him from tapping into my land line phones,as well as cell phones. I use AT &T, but I figure they will do NOTHING to help with this harassment of using my phones to eavesdrop on me.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

My land line system is V-tech cordless. And I have the lowest model cell phone available, not a smart phone....

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

My house phone has terrible static problem, which I was told that AT&T has to come inside my house to investigate,as they say there is no problem with "their" lines. It's been going on for almost a year. I quit using my home phone to make calls because I can't hear.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I'd like to say that I KNOW that in earlier years, phone companies would put a "tap" on your home phone line to try to catch person tapping into it. Impression I have now, is they will not do this anymore....

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Well, I'm afraid I won't get an answer I'll like. I think A T&T should be willing and ready to put taps on lines like they did in earlier years because then their line was that they "didn't want anyone using their equipment" wrongly. But a man who ownsw a security and surveillance company told me there was nothing I could do to stop the bad neighbor from using my phones as microphones to listen in my house as well as, on 2 occasions, to broadcast himself yelling into my room to scare me. I am not any paranoid person; I know what's been listened to, I've heard what sounded like a dial tone nearby when my phone was sitting in its cradle,not being used, and I read online last night, that hearing such a noise is one clue that your phone is being used to listen in your house. It is horrible, that if I want to have a home phone, I'll have to keep them unplugged most of the time to keep the cretin criminal from listening into my house, which has double-thick glass on all windows... I am mad.
Electronics Technician: Josh, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Josh, Customer Service

AT&T will not put a "tap" on your line.