Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We have a set of four cordless Panasonic phones. We have had…

Customer Question
We have a set...

We have a set of four cordless Panasonic phones. We have had no dial tone for a few days. Units are charged and I have unplugged each one and re-plugged. Our phone line comes through Mediacom and ties in with our internet which is working just fine. Generally if the phone is down it reads out on the phone that the line is offline or disconnected. Wondering how to get them up and running again

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?

Not that I am aware of... We have had these phones for a couple of years with no connection issue

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes. all is functioning through router, which is right by my laptop. Lights are on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not overly tech savvy :-)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should start with KX-TG).

2) Do ALL handsets have this issue?

3) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the main system) attached to this same phone line OR can be connected in place of the Panasonic MAIN base station - as a TEST?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Model Panasonic KX-TGE260 set of four units cordless. Can link to Bluetooth; but we do not use this function.
All four units are not allowing a call to go through either incoming or sending. They all say fully charged on the screen and are not offline.
I do not have any other phones attached to this line and am not sure about the connecting of a phone for a test. My cell phone?

For connected another phone: That would be another landline phone - if you have an old one stored away OR can be borrowed from a friend/neighbor.

We would want to connect the "other phone" to the same phone jack where the Panasonic BASE station is connected.

Thanks

We no longer have any old phones around and I do not know of anyone to borrow one from. Any other suggestions?
We get our phone service through Mediacom; so I could contact them for checking the connection.

Hmm ... are there ANY stores nearby - where a "basic corded phone" could be picked up?

Almost any home improvement, hardware, or even drug store carry basic phones - usually for less than $15-$20.

I am going to contact our phone service first. This is getting expensive to troubleshoot and may be something with Mediacom. I will get back to you if needed.

OK - very good.

If you need contact information for Mediacom, I have some of that below.

Contact Page - with phone numbers
https://mediacomcable.com/site/about_contact_chat.html
Customer Service Number:
1-855-MEDIACOM
(1.855(###) ###-####

Main Support page:
https://support.mediacomcable.com/

Please let me know what is found - when you can.

Thanks, ***** *****

It appears that Mediacom did some kind of update in our area that knocked out our phone system. It was supposed to reset by unplugging the modem. This did not work. I was able to connect the cordless phone base to the modem to test and the phones do work with this set up. I now have to purchase a new phone cord because they cannot service it for another week. Very irritating to spend two hours today trying to troubleshoot. I appreciate your help but do not appreciate that Panasonic uses this system to assist their customers where it has cost me $37.00.

Hi again,

I don't understand - about having to purchase a "new phone cord" - IF the system is working?

Can you explain?

It is the Mediacom cord that is faulty, not the cord on my base. Thanks.

OK - that makes sense and now I understand.

Its good to know that you got the system working again - at least for the time being.

If my input helped in ANY way (sometimes asking the right question leads to a solution), please consider rating my service at a high level (5-star is my goal). This is how I am compensated for the time spent with you, and how I help support my family.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Take Care, Greg A.