Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My Panasonic phones will not work with Magic. I have done…

Customer Question
My Panasonic phones will...

My Panasonic phones will not work with Magic Jack. I have done everything magic Jack has asked me to do. I even bought a new Magic Jack. Hooked it up and still I cannot get pass the dial tone. I dial a number and it just goes back to dial tone.

Technician's Assistant: What magicJack model do you have?

I have Magic Jack Go and plus

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your magicJack phone? What have you tried so far?

Since I put in the new Panasonic phones approx. 3 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I really want to be able to use my home phone. I am not a cell phone person.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Panasonic phones..."
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Model # KX-TGEA40. Having problems since Panasonic phones used approx, 3 months ago. In that time have worked on-line and via phone with Magic Jack. Nothing corrected the problem The phone has a dial tone. when number entered the phone goes right back to the dial tone and never completes the call. All connections checked to see if every thing was connected correctly. Disconnected the Magic Jack and reconnected post 1 minute, didn't work. Still same problem. Voicemail - get them but system cuts answers off and I never get a complete voice mail or I cannot hear them. Magic Jack says all this should work, but it does not.
Also I bought a new Magic Jack and that does not work either.

The main / base unit's model number please?

...the KX-TGEA40 is the handset.

Ok, looking now
On base it says Model KX-TGE445B and S/N 7DBXA0(zero)36117
Sorry handicap, slow move.

Appreciate the additional information.

Have you tried / can you please try pressing * first before dialing a number? say your mobile/cellphone

I tried it without area code and with area code. Still just get dial tone,

After attempting to dial your cellphone number, what is displayed on the handset's small screen?

Talk
0-0-57 (number increasing) Volume up or down

Where is the magicJack device connected to? ...directly to a router/modem? ...or to a USB port of a computer?

Tried both, did mot work. Right now connected to modem
When I connect to computer it wants me to answer on computer, phone does not work and cannot answer or call on computer

Based on all of the above, it would appear that the Panasonic phone system has an internal hardware issue.

Is it still covered by warranty?

I think so. I really thought I was going to be talking to the Panasonic rep. Is this the first question you could not answer?

There are other tests / tries that can be done. Would you be comfortable proceeding?

I will, but I will tell you when I have already tried what you suggest.

Have you tried:

• remove all the batteries of all the handsets?
  • disconnect the AC/wall adapter and telephone wire of the main/base unit for an extended period of time?
  • plug back in the main/base unit's AC/wall adapter into a different outlet?
  • connect back telephone wire to main/base unit? ...handsets still with no batteries;
  • press SP-PHONE on main/base and determine if there is dial tone?
  • press * on the main/base unit and attempt to dial again your cellphone number.
No to all, except what is an extended time?

An hour...more...the longer the better. The idea is to simulate a soft RESET and equally important dissipate residual power to the handsets and main/base unit.

Okay, that means I will not talk to you again until 9 am because I have to do all this then wait an hour.

Post back with an update when done and the site would prompt me to reply soon as able

How do we stay connected or how do I get you back on-line after 9 am?

Please do a Ctrl + D to bookmark this page on a computer/browser

and/or click on the links set by site to your email.

ok, thank you for your assistance so far.

Cheers.

I did all that you said and it did not work. On base set I could hear the dial tone after I pressed each number including after *
No phone, I am tried after doing all that you said do. I just want this fixed, I don't want to talk, especially if it requires me doing something after or while I an talking to you.
Can you help me, or should I ask for my$5 back?.
Are you there???
Can I have my money back. My question was not answered. I cannot sit at the computer for 24 hours,
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer