Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Do not take calls or not ring. Model ds6672-4. For about a…

Customer Question
Do not take calls...

Do not take calls or not ring

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Model ds6672-4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your DS6672-4? What have you tried so far?

For about a week.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Can you make calls outbound with the phone?

If so, then your phone service is likely to be at fault; then, depending on whether you have a landline phone line service, or a digital phone line through a port on a network 'box', you need to do the following:

A. if a phone service through a local network box, you need to unplug that box from the power, leave it that way for at least 10 or 15 minutes to cool down and reset, then plug that box in to power again, wait 2 minutes, and see whether that improves things, or

B. contact your phone company, tell them to check the line, and that you are not getting incoming calls.

my phone is from magicjack and do make outbound calls

Please tell me, did the MagicJack phone formerly work, or is it a new phone that has never fully worked?

I suggest that you unplug the MagicJack device, and leave it unplugged for at least 15 minutes.

Then try it again. See whether that restores full operation.

If not, then tell me where the MagicJack is plugged in - to a USB port on a computer, or to a USB port on a router box or modem box? and I will help you further.

Russell H., Service Tech