Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic KX-TG6523 3 set cordless phone. I want to…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic KX-TG6523 3 set cordless phone. I want to get messages through my recording on my answering machine but when I get messages a readout on the screen appears and I have to dial my own phone number and go through an electronic system. How can I get messages manually

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic KX-TG6523.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TG6523? What have you tried so far?

For about a month and a half.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I’m sorry but I don’t remember offhand what the message is on the screen.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
What’s taking so long.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My phone number is(###) ###-####
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Do I need to type my question again.

The symptoms you describe resemble a case of the phone service provider, the company that provides your phone line service, having their own voicemail system on your line.

The description of dialing your own number, to access such voicemail, exactly fits that interpretation.

While there is phone-service-provider voicemail (e.g. Verizon voicemail, if Verizon were your phone service provider) on the line, you will be unable to use the Panasonic phone's voicemail.

You can, however, configure some phone-company-voicemails to actually be easier to access, if you prefer that as an option, as opposed to contacting your phone co. and getting them to either turn OFF voicemail service on the line, or else set the 'picks up after X rings on the line' setting for their voicemail, to the maximum # - and then configure your Panasonic phone's voicemail to pick up in fewer rings than that, so that the phone-company voicemail is present as a backup but almost never has to pick up the line.

Let me know which option of the above you prefer to pursue, and I will instruct you as needed.