Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I know I saw somewhere the directions for registering the…

Customer Question
I know I saw...

I know I saw somewhere the directions for registering the base, but darned if I can find it again! Tell me, please!!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

CS6619-15 DECT6.0cordless telephone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your CS6619-15? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried it yet. Just can't find the directions--and I know I saw it before. I easily see how to register the hand phones.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes---I have an older set that has the built-in voicemails, this new one doesn't--can I connect the newer handsets to the older base? I don't remember what the old one is called.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Are you going to answer, or did I mess things up somehow?? I'm good at that lately---
Answered in 1 day by:
12/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the OLD phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with the OLD system, and if more than one, are ALL handsets still working with the OLD base?

I ask these question to find out if the OLD base unit is "compatible" with the NEW system OR if the OLD system has all the handsets it can handle.

IF the OLD base is compatible with the NEW handset, you MAY be able to register the NEW handset to the OLD base.

The basic concept is that the NEW handset must first be DE-REGISTERED from the NEW base. And then you can attempt to REGISTER the NEW handset to the OLD base.

As a reference, I have a link to a video that shows a few handsets - with different base unit - being DE-REGISTERED and then REGISTERED to a single base unit - even though a couple of the handsets came with their own base units.

Click Here to see Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV9rZ_cYcks

Again, this may only work IF the two systems are COMPATIBLE with each other, and the OLD base does not have too many handsets already registered to it.

Please give these steps a try and let me know what you find.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)