Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a PANASONIC house phone and something has changed on…

Customer Question
I have a PANASONIC...

I have a PANASONIC house phone and something has changed on it and I don't know if I did something wrong and if it can be fixed.

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

KX-TG9341T

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

A change took place about a week or 2 ago and I may have hit a button on the phone that made things change.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you please describe the specific problem/symptom?

Wow! This is the worst experience just trying to get help! I already sent in the model @ and told you that my in coming calls are not being verbilized as they used to be. And then if the caller doesn't leave a message, whwen they hang up, my phone goes beep beep beep beep beep! ???? I don't understand why!
Is there any way of fixing it? I 'may have' pressed aa button on the phone that has changed all this. ?????????????????
Well, do I get an answer??????????

I didn't ask for the model, I do have that, but there was no description provided other than you thought you hit a button.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Are the phones still ringing when someone calls, even if you don't hear the caller id info?

Nathan, I did tell you that when I had a call coming in the phone woulod say, "Call from Kris" or whoever was calling in! NOW IT DOESN'T DO THAT ANYMORE.

I'm sorry, but none of that information came through previously.

If it is not announcing the name, what is it doing? Does it still RING?

the phone rings and that';s all. It used to say who was calling in! I can't 'afford' to pay to talk to you. I am 81 years old and get SS to live on $600 a month! Just barely makes my rent etc.

I'm not asking you to. You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

YOU clicked on that request. It was not processed as the payment failed.

Please take a handset and key in MENU#162

up/down to highlight ON

then press SAVE, then OFF

Let me know if that helps

I don't know what a 'handset' is and what is key in #162 Highlight on and save and off. Whatever thgat means. I am 82
I am not a computer technitian.
The cordless phone. That is the handset.
Push the specific buttons I mentioned, in that sequence.
Press menu
Press #
Press 1
Press 6
Press 2
Press up or down to get to ON
Press save
Press off
I did not authorize a $17 an additional charge when I hadn';t even gotten one answer!~ The charge for an answer was supposed to be $5.00!

The fee was never just 5, that was only the deposit to post your question, you agreed to and paid the full total amount on the payment page.

I've provided an answer for you, twice, above.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid the full chat fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer