Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My phone sounds very scratchy and makes a noisy sound when…

Customer Question
My phone sounds very...

My phone sounds very scratchy and makes a noisy sound when you pick it up to dial out.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Digital Answering - probably 4 - 5 years old -

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

About a week to ten days after we had a thunder storm here in southern NH - I can call out and receive calls but people say I sound far away. I used the other phone that was an extra hoping that when it got enough battery power it wouldn't sound like it did, but, it sounds like the first one - so that didn't work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really - I don't know if there's a model number underneath the battery - shall I go look?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) How long has this phone service been in use and has there been ANY SIMILAR ISSUES in the past?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Sorry not to get back to you sooner...I don’t know what to do here as I just got a call and we did fine on the phone. So, the problem
May not be such a problem. Could you please return the $30 taken off
my credit card. That would be fair.
I also didn’t realize there would be an additional charge asbI don’t use AskMe on a steady basis. Do let me know that you’ve done this.
Diane Curran

Hi again,

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account - including fees or charges.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Please let me know if you have any more questions - about your phone system - now or in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.